Highly Purified And Concentrated Fish Oil.
Adults:Take 2 capsules twice daily with meals.
To assist in the maintenance of cardiovascular health:Take 1 capsule daily with meals.
In healthy people, MetaPure EPA/DHA capsules have been shown to or may:
- High strength, purified fish oil.
- Temporarily relieve the pain and inflammation from mild arthritis and improve mood and cognition.
- Maintain healthy triglyceride levels and cardiovascular function.
- Convenient capsule form for improved compliance plus Citrus Berry flavour to reduce fishy aftertaste.
- Enteric coated option for those with severe reflux.
- A meta-analysis of 17 randomised, controlled trials assessed the effectiveness of EPA and DHA in relieving joint pain and inflammation:The results reported a significant reduction in joint pain intensity, joint swelling, morning stiffness and the number of painful and/or tender joints at a dose of 2.7 grams per day.1 EPA and DHA exert anti-inflammatory and pain relieving actions via the following mechanisms: - Suppression of COX-2 expression and the inflammatory cytokines interleukin (IL)-1 alpha and tumour necrosis factor (TNF)-alpha.5 - Inhibition of Leukotriene B4 (LTB4) and reduced serum C-reactive protein levels shown in in vitro and clinical trials.6,7,8
- 2.6 grams of EPA and DHA has been shown, in a randomised, placebo controlled study of 138 healthy males, to assist in the maintenance of triglycerides within the normal range.The study reported a significant difference in triglyceride levels by 32% in the group taking 2.6 g of EPA and DHA. The study indicated that there was a direct correlation between increased dosage and improved results.2
- A randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial measured the mood and cognitive effects of fish oil: After 35 days, 2.4 grams of EPA and DHA was associated with an improvement in brain functions associated with attention, particularly those involving the cortical processing. There was also a significant improvement in mood states including anger, anxiety, fatigue and confusion.4
- High quality, rigorously tested fish oil: Metagenics fish oils are sourced from small, cold water, pelagic fish using eco-practices and are Friends of the Sea certified. Manufacturing of fish oil in Metagenics; Brisbane-based TGA-approved manufacturing facility controls the environment to ensure a clean, concentrated, fresh, rigorously tested fish oil product. Extensive testing, externally and on-site, confirms contaminants (i.e. heavy metals, pesticides and solvents) fall well below Australian allowable levels. Further details can be found here: metagenics.com.au/Articles/FiveWaysMetagenicsFishOils